This week the hottest temperatures in over a century were recorded in the Netherlands. Who said you need to suffer if ist’s 38 degrees outside? Embrace the heat waves and enjoy this refreshing soup that is so easy to make, it almost makes itself. You can have it on the table in less then 10 minutes.
It could be a light starter for a late summer dinner or an easy and quick lunch for the hot days. As open as I try to be with all new tastes, this combination still reminded me of the good old guacamole so I served it with a few tortillas.
Ingredients (makes 4-6 servings)
- 2 avocados, peeled, diced
- 1/3 cucumber peeled, diced
- 4 tbsp lemon juice, lemon zest of 1/4 lemon
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 250 ml water
- a handful of dill and parsley chopped up
- 8 ice cubes
- salt, pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2-3 tablespoon of yoghurt
- dill, watercress
- 2 handful of tortilla chips
Set the ingredients in a blender and mix it until completely smooth. Serve it with the chips on the side, and a teaspoon of yoghurt and fresh greens on top.
I had a lot of inspiration from http://www.greenkitchenstories.com, big thank you for them!